Monday, December 21, 2009

Say what?


What Now?

The past couple of days have produced some of the funnest quotes my 6-year old has ever said. Two days ago I was in the kitchen and my wife was sitting here at the computer desk. "R" strolled over to the laundry room right when the dryer was finishing a cycle. Next thing you know "R" is yelling to her sister "K, come over here and stick your head in the dryer!" My wife responds quickly with "Do not stick your head in the dryer, nobody can stick their head in the dryer." Without even blinking "R" replies "Can I stick my monkey in the dryer." "Sure, go ahead and stick your monkey in the dryer." says my wife with a chuckle.

Yesterday my wife and I were trying to figure out what to feed the girls for lunch. I was excited to sample some homemade applesauce, a new recipe from my wife...or as you know her, the born again but never was vegetarian. All she is missing are the Burkenstalks, hairy arm pits and the smell of someone who hasn't bathed in a very long time. Anyway, her applesauce is the shit, with chunks of apples and everything. My girls have a different take on it, and when I asked them if they would like to share some of Mom's applesauce with me "R" says no, of course. I ask why not and she responds with "because it has apples in it!" Hard to argue with that.

Peace out dads!

2 comments:

  1. So I'm guessing homemade crunchy peanut butter wouldn't go over well either?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't much like applesauce with or without apples. The monkey comment just kills me. You can get in trouble sticking your monkey in the wrong places.

    ReplyDelete