Monday, January 4, 2010

Things I learned in 2009


What Now?

In the past 12 months I have learned the following things:

1. My wife is an athlete! I always new she had athletic ability, but after she crossed the line of her first 70.3 half Ironman triathlon, I knew she had realized her athletic potential. I am so proud of her, and the best is yet to come.

2. My oldest child is one of the sweetest people I know. I think it's kind of rare to find a 7-year old that puts the needs and feelings of everyone else before her own, I and Love her so much for that.

3. My youngest, while being extremely challenging at times, will go on to do great things when she is older. The challenging, stubborn child of today will turn into an independent woman tomorrow, willing to try anything and succeed at most.

4. While the nation's economic trouble was very hard for a lot of folks, I believe it was one of the best things that could have happened to our family.

4a. My family can do more with less. Excess is not our thing, and it never will be.

5. There is way too much reality tv, social media, and methods to contact people in the world today. For all the advances we have in communication I think these things are very unnecessary (yes, I would give up blogging too if that meant ridding the world of all the other social media outlets).

6. I can accomplish just about anything if I put my mind to it and give it my best shot. Last year it was finishing a marathon. This year..........

7. Sex gets better with age.

8. There are different levels of success. I had my worst career year ever, and yet I would call 2009 one of my most successful years. It all comes down to priorities.

9. Blogging can be fun, entertaining and educational. And you can meet some great people along the way.

10. You just can't beat experiences with your kids when you think of what is truly important to you. This year was incredible for my family in regards to the places we got to visit, events we got to attend, and time we spent with each other and members of our family and friends. I am the richest man on earth thanks to the special people I share my home with. I love you all and look forward to having a great 2010 with you!

Peace out!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, your wife rocks! Be careful not to make her angry, she could probably crush you with her thighs.

    Family is more important than anything, agreed.

    To respond you can email me @weaselmomma@yahoo.com
    or on my blog worldofweasels.com or you can keep it simple and just tweet me twitter.com/weaselmomma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am impressed with your wife's accomplishments!

    I learned a couple of these things in 2009, too.

    The most important lesson I learned is that I needed to get away from the computer and reconnect with my family. I've been on a blogging hiatus, but do I do check in once in awhile. I enjoy reading your blog. Have a great 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you had such a great 2009. You should be proud of all your family. Hope 2010 is even better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great, great post! I love your attitude. You've all had a wonderful year indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I love that you made the most out of what could have been the worst part of the year! Cheers to that! Thanks for swinging by my blog and weighing in... will be interested to see how you do on #2!

    ReplyDelete