Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Training Tuesday - Shout Out Time


What Now?

I am a big, big fan of keeping records of things. I guess is the organizational (some call anal) side of me that loves to know what I did, when I did it and how it went. When my wife and I decided a few years back that we were going to kick start our exercise programs and start actually training for races we came across (actually my wife came across, but I love to share credit) a nifty little training blog that has since become as much a part of our training programs as the actually running, biking and swimming.

The blog site is sweat 365 and they are dedicated to "supporting your every-day fitness, no matter what your level and no matter what your goals are. They'll deliver you inspiration to move more - every day. At Sweat 365 you can easily keep track of your workouts, blog about fitness and life, and connect with other athletes. You'll find training guides for races of all distances, disciplines, and levels of competition."

I love seeing how many hours I have trained, how fast I have run/biked and reading other bloggers talk about their fitness, races and overall training experience. The support from the other bloggers is amazing as well. You can easily find several other bloggers at your same level trying to accomplish the same goals you are. When I was training for my first marathon last year I can't tell you how many great stories I read and how many folks comments on my training blog posts wishing me well as I embarked on that amazing journey. I am also a user of their specialized training programs for races of all distances and disciplines, and will report that it worked great.

If you get a chance to check it out for yourself and maybe you'll be able to figure out who I am (of course I have a different name on that blog, for goodness sake I put a damn cartoon face on my blog, do you think I would risk being outed on another site?!?!)

Train hard and peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment