Friday, January 1, 2010

Bring on 2010


What Now?

So, the reaction I got from my blogging friends and family members suggest that going without beer for a whole year might be a bit extreme. I am starting to think that way as well. I guess what I really want to accomplish is a better diet overall and doing everything in moderation. I am by no means a binge drinker, but I can't just have one beer, or one sweet treat...it always ends up being 2, 3...or more. And I pay for it that night. I guess for me a better goal would be to limit my vices to one per day, be that a beer, glass of wine or sweet treat. So, I guess that is my goal/resolution for my health.

For my mind I decided that I was going to read the entire Harry Potter series in 2010. My wife is a bit crazy for the books, and we own all the movies too, which I like very much. When she tells me all the stuff they leave out it makes me want to read the books, but I have never been much of a reader. Well, that is going to change in 2010.

I can already report that I have stared off this year, this new decade with something I have never done...a polar bear plunge! We are visiting my in-laws and my father-in-law convinced my wife and I to join him. I hate being cold, but what the hell right. I will turn 40 this year and I am going to leave my 30's with a bang. What an awesome experience it was. There were several hundred folks out there braving the cold with us. I think next year I go all out with the speedo! My wife will love that.

Oh, another quick think I want to mention is the overwhelming joy I am still enjoying thanks to my Alma Mater's big bowl win. While the bowl game they played in is not on many major sports fans DVR list, it will certainly go down as one of the most entertaining college bowl games ever. I still get goose bumps thinking about it!

Well, that is a lot of random stuff for my first post of the year. I can look back at 2009 and say it was the best year of my life, for a lot of reasons. Here's to making 2010 even better!

Peace out!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you came to your senses about the beer thing, but now you have lost your marbles with the polar bear thing! Start the year off with a bang by sending your body into cardiac arrest, that sounds like a great idea. You're nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beer thing isn't that bad. But then I haven't gone out to a club since before I was married and I don't like drinking at home in front of the kids. We never go out on account we have five kids now. So that amounts to a low level of alcohol consumption during the year..

    I debate whether I would do the polar bear plunge. I would be afraid the frank and beans might never be seen again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. is that you in the pic? lol polar bear plunge is a lil ridiculous, but you're a dude, so maybe not so much for you haha. reading is a GREAT new year 'resolution' or whatever you want to call it. here's to accomplishing all you want to do in 2010. cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to know what bowl win you are talking about. What is your alma mater or is it who. Anyway my hogs pulled one off this weekend to so that was fun.

    The polar bear plunge is nuts, but you get kudos from me for being tough even if you are crazy.

    ReplyDelete