Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Our favorite kids songs, vol. 2


WHAT NOW!!!


As promised, here is the second volume of our favorite kids songs as heard on Sirius/XM Kids Place Live and recently downloaded by me for my girls. I hope you like them as much as we do.

6. Catboy - Pencilhead and the Playground Punks

This songs cracks my kids up every time they here it. Picture a lilliputian riding the family cat rodeo style. Like Fast Monkey the lyrics in this song are easy to understand for kids who like to sing along. It also has a nice country music style to it if you are into that kind of thing.

7. Crazy ABC's - Barenaked Ladies

It seems like a lot of former mainstream music acts have tried their hand at kids tunes and this is certainly the case for the Barenaked Ladies. While I have to try to explain their band name to my kids every time this song comes on they love this song. It's the thinking kids alphabet song and will introduce them to words they don't hear everyday, unless you have one of those "word of the day" calendars at home.

8. What Kind Of Dog Are You? - Billy Jonas

This is not the 4th Jonas brother in case you are wondering (that's Frank Jonas, and his purity ring is BROKEN). Very funny song with word plays galore. My girls love to shout the answers before I can, and they have gotten very good at it after hearing the song about 500 times!

9. Barking At The Moon - Jenny Lewis from the movie "Bolt"

I have not seen this movie, but my kids have and they love it. This is more of a traditional country song that could be heard on your local radio station. It's a sweet song and Miss Lewis shows she has a great voice. I'm just glad it was not sung by Milly Cyrus, one of the voice stars of the movie. That girl just bugs me!

10. It Only Take One Night To Make A Balloon Your Friend - Lunch Money

This is one of my all time favorite kids songs (the other did not make the list only because I could not download it, but maybe it can make a "just missed list). Very simple song about the life if a helium balloon and it's new owner. You can see the song writer actually writing down everything her child did with his balloon and then make a creative song about it. I also think this song could have been written while the song writer was high, but that is just wrong.

OK, only one more volume to go, and maybe that list of "almost misses". Please let me know if you have opinions about any of these songs if you have heard them millions of time like me or if they are brand new to you and your kids.

PEACE OUT DADS!

No comments:

Post a Comment