Monday, April 27, 2009

More fun with bikes


This weekend was really tough for "B", my wife. A few years back both of us starting getting into endurance races (running, cycling, triathlons, etc.) and now most of our free time is taken up with training for said races. Currently, I am training for my first marathon and "B" is training for her first 70.3 Ironman Triathlon. On Saturday morning she took off on her bike for a long ride (35 miles) while the kids and I were getting ready for our day. I left to take the girls to a birthday party and when I returned "B" was home and looked like she was on the verge of crying. While on her training ride she crashed (what is the deal with all my girls crashing on their bikes - http://whatnowdad.blogspot.com/2009/04/double-happiness.html).
Crashing on your bike happens sometime while training for various reasons, but for "B" the reason was not of the normal variety. A truck had parked on the trail just ahead of her and she didn't like the look of it. So, she turned around and headed the other direction. This should be the end of the story, but "B", in her over-active, paranoid way decided to look back to make sure this truck was not going to follow her.....that is when she went off road and the rest is history. I know she was hurting and the crash did shake her up...but in the back of my mind I was thinking...hmmmm, did she really need to look back??? Just asking.


PEACE OUT DADS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment