Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Opposite Kids


Sometimes it's hard to understand how my two girls are even related. They are only 2 years about in age and have had basically similar parenting from my wife and I, and yet they could not be less alike. This point was illustrated very well last night at the first micro soccer games for both of them. I help coach K's team (7 year olds) and my wife helps with R's team (5 year olds). My oldest girls is very competitive and very emotional. This can be great when things are going well, but a disaster when they are not. My youngest is so mellow and doesn't seem to have a care in the world, and along with that doesn't seem to care what the repercussions will be for bad behavior. Last night K was totally into her game, going after the ball, playing aggressive and in the process scored two goals and almost lost her voice from cheering. R on the other hand would kind of run after the ball (when we yelled at her too), kind of watched the action, chewing her fingernails the whole time. To her the best parts of soccer are putting on the uniform and the snacks at the end of the game. I know everybody is different, and I hear from parents all the time how none of their children act the same, but is seems crazy to me just how different two sisters can be. The one thing they both have in common is total cuteness, which my wife and I comment on every single day.


PEACE OUT DADS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment