Monday, May 4, 2009

Not ready for my baby to grow up


It has been amazing to watch my two girls grow up. Even more amazing is how fast time seems to goes by when you have kids. I still remember the diaper changing days, the crawling days, the first words days. How is it even possible that I now have a 1st grader and an almost kindergartner? "K", my oldest, has always done things ahead of schedule, from what I hear. I think she just has a desire inside her that pushes her to do things as soon as she can. My youngest, "R", is totally different in that nothing seems to bother her and she won't be rushed into anything. This has always given me the comfort that she won't grow up as fast and I'll have my baby girl longer. Well, things are changing, and fast. This weekend she picked up a book and was reading part of it to my wife and I....I don't know how or when this happened, but there she was, reading. She has also shown the ability to spell. She wanted to write Saturday on something and asked me to spell it for her. I told her to try first, and she proceeds to tell me s-a-t-r-d-a....WHAT?!?! Where did this come from? "R" has always had an amazing memory, so much so that my wife and I count on her to remember things we can't, but this was like going from zero to sixty in 5 seconds. What's next, a wiggly tooth? I don't know if I'm ready for my baby to grow up...but it looks like it's going to happen anyway.

PEACE OUT DADS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment