Thursday, June 25, 2009

THE SEX POST


WHAT NOW?

For my post today I have decided to weigh in on the hot topic of sex. My number 1a favorite activity that happens in bed. In my previous post I talked about my number 1b favorite, sleep. But, come on...I'm a guy. Do you really think they are that close in my ranking system? Well, I guess that depends on the day. And today sex is my number one topic! Specifically my views of the sex lives of married parents. It seems like this is a topic that every parent blogger, married or not, will discuss at some point of their blogging lives. There is a very good reason why I have decided now was my time....cheap and easy readership. I mean really, who will pass up the chance to read a blog titled THE SEX POST? Whether you are getting some, not getting any, getting just enough to get by or getting more than Kid Rock...you are gonna read this post. I just have the awesome responsibility to do the subject justice. And since it is Fatherhood Friday over at Dad Blogs you could not ask for better timing. So why the all caps, very obvious headline? Well, while I keep a total anonymous profile, there are members of my immediate family that do read this blog, so Mom, how about you stop right here and skip over to one of your scrap booking sites. It will be better for both of us if you do.

OK, so what is my well thought out, very detailed, original view of the sex lives of married parents???

SEX IS GREAT!

Now, for those of you who are looking for a little more thought, a little more detail, a little more original (I'm talking to the women reading this post) please read on.

Sex is the fabric that holds a marriage together. Sure, there are many other things that are also important...most of which don't come to mind at the moment, but sex is the glue, the staples, the duct tape (we could go off on some strange fetish with that one, but I digress). When I was first dating my wife up to about, oh, say seven years ago before our first child was born, I was way more into quantity instead of quality. Don't get me wrong, I think every time my wife and I have had sex it's been great, but this is the male perspective so take that with a grain of salt. I wanted it all the time. It was like I was having my own personal contest with Wilt Chamberlain or something (although his count was with different women, but again, I digress). It took the birth of my two children and the amazing patience of my wife to teach me that quality is what counts when it comes to sex. I don't have to tell anybody with kids that sex gets put on the back burner every now and again. This is something that women understand instantly, but for men it takes a while, like years.

So how did I enter the temple of enlightenment? Did I take a seminar or consult a therapist or even better yet, read a great blog post like this one? I don't really know, but what I do know is that I am much happier with our sex life then I ever have been, and that includes when we did it like bunnies back in college. I don't know if it's age, the fact both of us is eating better and working out more, or just the inner peace I have, but you just can't touch the sex we have now. I can't even really find the proper words to describe it..but in the words of Def Leppard's classic Pour Some Sugar On Me....

"You got the peaches, I got the cream
Sweet to taste, saccharine
'Cos I'm hot, say what, sticky sweet
From my head, my head, to my feet


Do you take sugar? one lump or two?

Take a bottle, shake it up
Break the bubble, break it up

Pour some sugar on me"


PEACE OUT DADS!

11 comments:

  1. Awesome, neeed to youtube it! Not the sex, the song! Ya right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...I guess we know what's next, whatnowdad

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sigh* I need more quality in my life LOL...Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about the quality vs. quantity argument (although I wouldn't mind more of both). We just broke the drought on vacation this past week and it was great. Although it was extraordinarily high quality, I'm hoping the quantity will be a little better than once every month and a half!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great comment. I totally agree, who couldn't use more of both. I still need to convince my wife that the kids can pick the lock on our bedroom door just yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most things get better with practice. You know what they say, practice, practice practice...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is what I keep saying, and who doesn't want to be better? We only want the best for our significant other, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not to be crass, but then this is THE SEX POST, the phrase that sticks out is "both of us is eating better." I say bully for that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post was longer than the sex most parents have. Maybe I should have spent that time more wisely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kudos for the Def Leppard quote. While I strive for the sugar pouring - I think the Flight of the Conchords "Business Time" better describes my practice!

    Youtube of concert footage here:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGOohBytKTU

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the post. This is the blog I was afraid to write. Glad someone has the guts to do it!

    ReplyDelete